Pinot Noir 2010
per case (12 x 750 ml)
In the province of Marlborough high sunshine hours are moderated by a mild sea, while steep mountains keep moist and chilly winds at bay. A long cool growing season leads to gorgeous flavours.
My goal is to make the Province wines in a classic Marlborough vein, emphasising the varietal intensity created by leafy vineyards, ripe fruit and cool-climate growing. – Simon Waghorn, Winemaker
- Colour/Appearance Bright deep garnet
- Aroma/Bouquet Savoury ripe plum and dark cherry, with a hint of smoky oak
- Palate Full bodied wine with round, mouth filling flavours of plum, brambly fruit and dark cherry. The oak integrates nicely with the fruit, and combines well with the silky tannin structure
- Cellaring This wine should cellar well, until at least 2015. Bottling date was 18th March, 2011
- Suggested Foods Venison, lamb, game, duck & Italian dishes such as lasagne or pizza.
- Serve Mild room temperature