Sauvignon Blanc 2012
per case (12 x 750 ml)
In the province of Marlborough, high sunshine hours are moderated by a mild sea while steep mountains keep moist and chilly winds at bay. A long cool growing season leads to gorgeous flavours.
My goal is to make the Province wines in a classic Marlborough vein, emphasising the varietal intensity created by leafy vineyards, ripe fruit and cool-climate growing. – Simon Waghorn, Winemaker
- Colour/Appearance Pale straw with green highlights
- Aroma/Bouquet Lemon grass, lime peel and elderflower, with background notes of white currant and red pepper
- Palate Medium-bodied with currant, gooseberry and citrus flavours, and a dry mineral finish.
- Cellaring Best enjoyed when young and fresh, but has the potential to age gracefully until early 2014
- Suggested Foods Summer salads, poultry and all seafood, especially green-lipped mussels
- Serve Chilled